Maybe you will find one or two of these helpful.
- Go to bed on time.
- Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
- Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
- Delegate tasks to capable others.
- Simplify and unclutter your life.
- Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
- Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
- Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
- Take one day at a time. Continue reading →
Last night, or most likely 2 minutes before I awoke this morning I had a very vivid dream. The dream started with me hearing myself breathing and feeling very tired. Then I realized that I was being chased but I was not running but crawling and could not stand. I turned to look over my shoulder to see my pursuer which was a white wild boar. I turned back and crawled as fast as I could all the while I am moving a piece of cardboard and crawling on it or carrying it along with me. I not sure why I had this piece of cardboard. The boar was running at a full sprint and saying “I’m gonna get you!” but I was able to stay a good distance in front of him. I kept looking back and the boar was gaining ground. After what seemed like hours of running (or crawling) from this boar I heard someone say “Turn and face the boar!” The voice came from no where and there was nobody around. So I stopped, my knees on the cardboard and turned toward the boar. He stopped and slowly walked closer and I petted his head and said “Good Piggy!” He wagged his curly tail and turned and walked away! I paused and watched him walk down the path that seemed many miles long and then I turned around and continued on my journey. I believe I was standing then and I felt as if a heavy burden had been lifted. As I continued my journey I constantly looked over my shoulder to see the boar still walking away. Then I noticed it was not a boar at all but just a common pig.
This dream seemed so real and it is bugging me still. Any ideas? I keep thinking “Turn and face your fears!” Sometimes we just have to face the boar. The question is, what is my boar? What is your boar?